Workshops and Trainings (2 to 6 hours)
General Workshops and Trainings
- Engaging Ethnicity and Race for Effective Dialogue and Working Relationships: (2 to 6 hour training for Organizational Leadership Development - e.g. for Boards or Committees addressing internal Diversity dynamics)
- Racism 101 (2 hour training): An introduction to understanding race and racism.
- Reaching across Difference: Developing Ethnocultural and Racial Understanding (2 to 3 hour training).
- Responding to micro- (and not so micro-) aggressions (2 to 4 hour workshop): Providing research-based guidance to develop strategic and effective responses to racism.
- Coping with Racism Related Stress (3 to 6 hour workshop, developed with Lizabeth Roemer, Fanny Ng, LG Rollins): A workshop integrating information about racism and its effects with mindfulness and acceptance based interventions and information on resisting racism.
- Developing as an Ally: Knowledge, Empathy, Action (2-3 hour workshop): A workshop for those who seek to develop knowledge and skills to resist oppression from privileged positionalities.
- Being, Becoming, and Fostering Allies: A Reflexive Dialogue about Creating Authentic Relationships Across Privilege (3-4 hour workshop, with Roxanne Donovan, Lizabeth Roemer, Alissa Hochman).
- Embracing the Outsider Within: Critical Dialogues among and between People of Color (2 to 3 hour workshop).
Workshops and Trainings for Educators
- Transformative Education: Strategies for Integrating Diversity and Resisting Bias Across the Curriculum (3-4 hour workshop)
- Transformative Teaching: How to Teach about Race and Culture, Address Resistance, Encourage Application, and Contribute to Social Justice (3-4 hour workshop)
- Developing Students as Allies: Strategies for Working with Resistance in Courses About Race and Culture (3-4 hour workshop)
- Engaging Students and Reducing Resistance in the Diversity Classroom: Transforming Pedagogies (3-4 hour workshop)
- Teaching Diversity Relationally: Engaging Emotions and Embracing Possibilities (3-4 hour workshop)
- Social Justice Action Projects : Transformative Education in Action (3-4 hour workshop)
- "Building bridges" or "watering it down": The inclusion of sexual orientation, social class, and disability issues in courses on race and culture (3-4 hour workshop)
Workshops and Trainings for Psychologists and Mental Health Service Providers
- The Importance of Differentiating Race and Ethnicity in Psychotherapy and Clinical Research (1-2 hour training)
- “The person of the therapist in the therapy dyad: Exploring intersections of culture, power, and privilege in psychotherapy” (3 hour workshop)
- Understanding Ethnicity and Race: Foundations of Ensuring Cultural Responsiveness and Racial Equity in Mental Health Service Provision (3 hour training)
- Personal and Institutional Applications: Taking Action for Promoting Cultural Responsiveness and Racial Equity in Mental Health Services (3 hour training)
- Challenges and Strengths: Asian American College Students' Identity and Mental Health (3 hour training)